AvanchiAccess Card - Liberty Bus
AvanchiAccess Card - Liberty Bus
Do you have a long term disability?
You could be eligible for a free bus travel
avanchiaccess - the concessionary bus pass scheme for residents with a prescribed long term disability
This scheme is funded by Growth, Housing and Environment to provide free bus travel for people living with a prescribed long-term disabilityand who may therefore have limited travel options available to them.
How does it work?
Those eligible receive free travel on any LibertyBus service at any time using the AvanchiAccess pass.
How do I qualify?
You will qualify if you:
- Have a disability which meets the qualifying criteria: and
- Are aged 5 or above but are not entitled to an older person’s concessionary bus pass: and
- Are originally resident in Jersey, having lived in the island for at least five years.
What are the qualifying criteria?
These have been set as:
- Sight impairment and severely sight impaired, such that the condition prevents you from driving.
- Severely or profoundly deaf, to the extent that the condition prevents you from driving.
- Being in receipt of mobility component and/or long-term care benefit and/or personal care level 3
- Mental health issues to a degree that prevents you from driving.
- A learning disability to a degree that prevents you from driving.
- Progressive degenerative condition, which prevents you from driving.
- You would be refused a licence to drive or your licence has been withdrawn based on medical grounds.
- Walking difficulties to a degree that impacts you mobility and ability to drive.
- Seizures causing loss of consciousness or altered consciousness (including epilepsy).
How do I apply?
Once the application form has been completed, and then signed by an appropriate person to confirm that you qualify, you will need to take it to the LibertyBus Customer Service Centre at Liberation Station. LibertyBus will aim to produce your pass within 48 hours and can post it to you when it is ready.
What proof do I need?
- Full details of the proof required can be found on the application form, but this includes:
- Proof of identity (e.g. Passport, other photo identification or a passport photograph endorsed by an authorised person).
- Proof of residence (i.e. a valid 'entitled' or 'entitled for work' States of Jersey Registration Card)
- Confirmation from an authorised person that your condition qualifies you to receive the pass.
Travel pass cost and validity
AvanchiAccess can be used on LibertyBus services at any time of the day. There is an issue charge of £15 per pass. If a pass is lost or damaged, a replacement fee of £5 will be payable. Your pass is valid for 5 years from date of issue. If your card is due to expire, visit the Customer Service Centre at Liberation Station with a current proof of residency and they will renew the pass for you.
No companion passes.
The scheme does not include free travel for companions
Short-term disabilities preventing a person from driving
Passes will not be issued for a short-term disability that prevents an individual from driving. The scheme has been established to meet the needs of those with long term or permanent, chronic conditions only.
How to find out more about the pass?
Full details of the scheme can be found on the Government of Jersey website www.gov.je/buses
or the LibertyBus website: www.libertybus.je
Information on the scheme and application forms are also available at:
- Liberation Station
- Parish Halls
- Community and voluntary organisations
- Social Security Department
- Doctor's surgeries
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- LibertyBus Customer Services
- 01534 828555
Where to go
- JE1 3AS
- There will be a charge of £15 for each pass issued.