-Approved Home Care Provider-
Autism Jersey was founded in 2005 by a group of parents, all of whom have children with autism. Autism Jersey is the largest organisation supporting people with autism in the Channel Islands. We provide support for autistic people, their families and carers, a Befriending Scheme and deliver nationally accredited training (including National Autistic Society "SPELL" and Barnado’s "Cygnet"). We facilitate an adult social club which meets twice a week and a Family Support Service. We run parent drop-ins, social and fund raising events and are an approved Provider of Community Short Break Services. We champion full and inclusive lives for people with autism and pride ourselves in being proactive in raising awareness about autism across the island. Services provided by Autism Jersey:
- One stop shop for autism
- Training for autistic people, their families, professionals and employers
- Befriending Scheme
- Social Events for Children, including a monthly Sibling Support Group
- Youth Club opportunities through the Youth Inclusion Project
- Opportunities for parents to get together
- Lending library of autism related resources
- Holiday play scheme for children with autism
- Social opportunities with the Adult Social Club
- Sibling support Group
For volunteering opportunities in the Befriending Scheme and fundraising, contact Philip at email@example.com
- Support and advice for family or carers of children and adults on the autism spectrum or with a related development condition
- Advice related to living with autism and supporting families to access appropriate services
- Support and advice for families going through diagnosis
- Inclusive family days to bring families together
- Parents drop-ins to provide more information about services and child/young adult development
- Sibling Support Service – monthly activities for siblings of autistic children
Autism Jersey provides autism specific playschemes for mainstream primary school aged children during the Easter and Summer holidays in a fun and safe environment.
Age range: 4 to 11 years. Registered for 20 children. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. Opening hours: 9 am – 2 pm. Open in the Easter holidays for one week. Open in the summer holidays for three weeks.
The holiday club’s main focus is to provide a safe and fun environment, whilst supporting children in developing their play skills, life skills and communication skills.
Staff are autism trained and have experience in working with primary school aged pupils and their families.
Support for parents
Led by Jane Renouf, a group of parents meet regularly for coffee mornings and weekend events, and in the school holidays they have meeting points twice a week.
This provides an invaluable friendship network for people who are facing similar issues. They have set up Autism Mums/Dads Jersey on Facebook to provide 24/7 support to each other.
In the first instance, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A befriender can be matched with children and adults with an autism spectrum disorder, or their brothers and sisters.
Befrienders offer support to attend activities such as the cinema, swimming, arts and crafts, or they can support families in developing life skills, such as eating out, attending social clubs, etc.
Befrienders and families are carefully matched, taking into account such things as what they have in common, times available and age group.
Befrienders are police checked and trained in SPELL level 1 and safeguarding. Depending on their befriendee’s needs, there may be additional training provided.
You have to be at least 16 to be a befriender.
Our sibling group meets once a month on a Sunday, and is usually a community activity. It gives the opportunity to join in with fun activities and also to meet others in a similar situation so they can share experiences.
Autism Jersey offers a Counselling Service to families and carers. This has proved to be an invaluable service to members since it was introduced at the end of 2013. We adhere to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy’s moral and ethical code of good practice.
Contact Jaclyn Le Crom, Family Support and Befriending Service Manager
Tel: 871166 or 07797 768011
Who to contact
Where to go
- Autism Jersey
- JE2 3AF
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Our office is open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Time of day