Safeguarding Partnership Boards
Who Are We?
The Safeguarding Partnership Board (SPB) was formed in January 2013 and has responsibility for:
- promoting understanding of Safeguarding
- helping agencies to work together to safeguard and
- monitoring how effectively agencies are working together to keep adults and children safe in Jersey
The SPB is made up of an Independent (off-island) Chair, and 29 members representing key agencies which have responsibility for safeguarding children and adults in Jersey.
The Independent Chair, Glenys Johnston,OBE oversees both Boards. She is supported by a staff team of:
- Board Manager
- Business Manager
- Policy Officer
- Training Officers
- Training Administrators
The Safeguarding Partnership Board works to safeguard children and adults in Jersey through the joint work of two boards; Safeguarding Children (SCPB) and Safeguarding Adults (SAPB).
- coordinates work to safeguard adults and children
- promotes the understanding of everyone’s responsibility to protect children and to raise awareness of the need to protect adults at risk from abuse
- monitors how effectively organisations are working together to keep people safe
About the Safeguarding Children Partnership Board (SCPB)
The Safeguarding Children Partnership Board works to protect children from all kinds of maltreatment, whether by parents and carers, members of the public, or by those working with children across the Island’s services.
It has an independent chairperson and at least 15 members representing agencies that works with children.
About the Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board (SAPB)
The Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board works in a similar way to the SCPB to protect adults in Jersey.
It has the same independent chair and members that represent agencies working with adults.
You can find children's protection and thresholds procedures on the Safeguarding Partnership Board website.
If you need to raise a concern about the immediate safety or welfare of a child, call the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on +44 (0) 1534 519000.
If you need to raise a concern about the immediate safety or welfare of an adult, call the Single Point of Referral for Adult Social Services on +44 (0) 1534 444440.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Safeguarding Partnership Board
23 Hill street
- JE2 4UA
Please note that parking on site is not allowed, there is a multi storey car park nearby.