Five Mile Therapy - individual and family therapy
Professional, confidential service for individuals or families, with an approachable, and supportive systemic family therapy practitioner and accredited counsellor. Bupa-registered. Concessions available. Based in St Ouen.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Claire Stanley
- Contact Position
Five Mile Therapy offers a professional, confidential service with an approachable, compassionate, and supportive systemic family therapy practitioner and BACP-accredited counsellor.
I work collaboratively with individuals, couples and families to explore and address common difficulties; work towards goals; and build on existing strengths to improve relationships and make changes.
You don't have to be in crisis for therapy to be useful. Therapy can provide a confidential, non-judgmental space for anyone who is struggling, sad, angry or not sure what to do. Evidence shows that a key aspect of therapeutic work is building a relationship of trust between therapist and client so people feel safe enough to share personal thoughts, feelings and experiences. I offer a safe, reflective space where individuals, couples or whole families (extended, blended, foster, adoptive) can explore their issues together or separately.
INDIVIDUAL, COUPLE OR FAMILY THERAPY
- One to one work with individuals experiencing mood disorders; anxiety; stress; physical illness; developmental trauma; loss; family or relationship concerns; grief/bereavement; workplace concerns; low self-esteem or confidence; and poor emotional regulation.
- Couples in conflict; with communication struggles; or who want to improve their relationship.
- Families, parents and carers with concerns about parental, sibling, or wider family relationships, a child or young person’s behaviour, general life changes, or the impact of separation or loss.
I’ve had extensive training and experience working with mental health and charitable organisations, in child and adolescent services and in private practice in the UK and Jersey.
I have specific interests in working with stress and anxiety, bereavement and loss, and helping parents and carers, including blended, foster and adoptive families, with family issues.
Our work together is confidential. There’s nothing you can’t talk about. I offer short and long-term therapy in a professional, safe, supportive environment in a quiet, light-filled private room, or online. You can have a single session, one or two sessions to test the waters and address immediate concerns, or we can develop a longer supportive, therapeutic relationship.
I offer a free 30-minute initial telephone consultation to discuss your concerns and answer any questions. I also offer reduced fees for bereavement counselling for people with a low household income and for counselling students.
I’m an experienced counsellor, registered and accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am also a systemic family therapy practitioner in the final year of a Masters in Family Psychotherapy at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation.
I currently work with UK and Jersey families, couples and individuals in private practice, and in child and adolescent services in London. I’m an affiliate with UK psychotherapy and training agency Headsight Services. I’ve also worked for local charitable and mental health organisations. I’m registered for private healthcare referrals through BUPA.
Where to go
- Five Mile Therapy
Five Mile Road
- JE3 2FN
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Session availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays, some evening slots available
- Sessions from £65 - £75 Bereavement counselling concessions for people with a low household income Counselling student concessions available
- Referral Details
- Other notes