Able Community Care Limited
-Approved Home Care Provider-
Able Community Care Ltd
Able Community Care was established in 1980 to provide Live-in Care Services for people who had high dependency care needs. Since that time, we have provided in excess of 70 million hours of care and enabled thousands of older and disabled people to remain living in their own home.
A Live-in Care Package from Able Community Care offers a comprehensive service of arranging an individual’s care with our objective to find for each person we care for, a rotational system of Live-in Carers chosen by our clients/family/ or advocate.
Our care packages begin with an enquiry, a personal meeting at our cost when we evaluate your care requirements and assess whether we can offer the care which is needed. Upon receipt of your personal care plan we will organise your individual care package and monitor the care provided as detailed in this care plan. You will be able to change or adjust your care plan at any time. A risk assessment based around your care package will, like your care plan, be monitored and updated annually or earlier if your circumstances change.
Our 24/7 care provision also offers the opportunity for care support whilst on a holiday. Our Holiday Care Companion Service can accompany you to any international location or within the UK.
Our Home from Hospital Service provides ‘old style’ convalescent care, helping a person to recover independence in their own home.
Many family members care for a loved one, but also need regular breaks from offering their support. At such time, we can provide a Live-in Care service under our Planned Respite Care package.
Our client base provides care from young adults to centenarians and our clients have a wide range of care and health needs.
Able Community Care is a family company started by Angela Gifford who remains the Chief Executive. Judith Tye our Senior Manager has been with the company for 14 years and our Care Manager for Jersey, Colin Howes has been with us for 8 years.
- All our care workers have a minimum of 12 months professional experience and annually have to update their training.
- All references are written for by ourselves and we telephone verify each one that is returned to us.
- We conduct face to face interviews and do not use Facebook, Skype or Facetime to interview.
- We are contactable 24/7 and our On-Call system is manned by experienced Care Managers working for Able Community Care
- Each client has a personal Care Manager whom they will get to know and who is responsible for managing their care package and offering other support and information if needed.
- For every booking of a carer an advice notes or email is sent giving details of the placement, a photograph of your incoming care worker and a short-potted history of their professional experience.
We do not charge for:
- Personal Assessment Visits.
- Registering with the Agency
- Payment of accounts in advance
- Payment for paying invoices by cheque.
We offer as part of our service in addition to the above:
- 39 years’ experience in providing Live-in Care Services. (Currently we have clients for whom we have been providing a continuous service for in excess of 15 years)
- An information service about all aspects of social care, a bi-monthly Gazette, a weekly Care Newsflash plus other information that is topical and may be of interest to a person receiving a care service.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Able Community Care Limited
The Old Parish Rooms
- NR4 8TZ